The College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology is committed to assisting our students in acquiring an education abroad. Below is a list of scholarships that are applicable to many study abroad programs. Students may also find scholarships through other avenues, such as their parents' places of work or community organizations in their hometowns. Funding is more likely if you are willing to go to a more unusual destination, so people going to Asia may be more likely to be awarded scholarships compared to those who go to Western Europe. As an engineer, you belong to a group of under-represented students in the “study abroad” arena, so you may have a higher chance of receiving support from outside foundations and organizations.
CEAT Study Abroad Scholarships: https://ceat.okstate.edu/scholarships
- Departmental Scholarships – apply for CEAT Study Abroad Scholarships. Departments may offer their own awards
- OSU Provost Scholarships and OSU Humphreys Scholarships: https://abroadprograms.okstate.edu
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship: https://www.iie.org/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program
- The U.S. Department of State’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a grant program that enables students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, thereby gaining skills critical to our national security and economic competitiveness. The Gilman Scholarship Program is open to U.S. citizen undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.
Boren Awards: https://www.borenawards.org/scholarships/program
- Boren Scholarships, an initiative of the National Security Education Program, provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. undergraduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. The countries of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are excluded. Boren Scholars represent a vital pool of highly motivated individuals who wish to work in the federal national security arena. In exchange for funding, Boren Scholars commit to working in the federal government for at least one year after graduation.
IIE Study Abroad Funding Database: https://www.studyabroadfunding.org/
This resource features detailed descriptions of hundreds of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, grants, and paid internships for U.S. undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students, and professionals.
- This resource features detailed descriptions of hundreds of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, grants, and paid internships for U.S. undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students, and professionals.
The University of Sheffield: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/studyabroad
The University of Sheffield offers study abroad scholarships for students from the United States in the amount of approximately $800 for one semester. Any U.S. national accepting a place at Sheffield is eligible to apply.
- The University of Sheffield offers study abroad scholarships for students from the United States in the amount of approximately $800 for one semester. Any U.S. national accepting a place at Sheffield is eligible to apply.
BUTEX Scholarship: http://www.butex.ac.uk/scholarships
Design a poster or answer a fun question for a chance to win 500£!
- Design a poster or answer a fun question for a chance to win 500£!
Germany: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship
Asia: The Freeman Awards for Study in Asia
New Zealand: Go Overseas
- Go Overseas offers a $15,000 scholarship to US students to study abroad in New Zealand. The scholarship also includes a roundtrip flight.
- Additionally, five students attending the Universty of Auckland are eligible for scholarships of NZ$1,000.
- Education New Zealand offers $2,000 travel awards for use in covering the flight to New Zealand.
- The University of Auckland also offers $500 awards for study.
The deadline is December 1.